Internet Explorer 8: How to manage Pop-up Blocker settings in Windows 7
Searching for steps to manage Pop-up blocker settings in Internet Explorer 8 on your Windows 7-based PC? Managing pop-ups is not difficult as it seems and we have simplified it for you with this quick online tutorial.
Pop-up windows in Internet Explorer 8 browser are used to block or show advertisements that appear when we are visiting a web page. In order to stop these ads from popping up and intruding the browsing experience, users must be able to manage the pop-up settings efficiently. The Internet Explorer comes with a built-in pop-up blocker. If you are using Internet Explorer 8 version on your Windows 7-based computer, then here is something you need to manage this popup settings efficiently.
The pop-up blocker in Internet Explorer 8 is activated by default. But, the browser allows you to modify some settings so that you can decide for which sites you want to allow pop-ups, set notification types and preset filter levels. For this, follow these steps below to manage the settings and block unwanted pop-ups from interrupting your browsing activities.
To turn off Pop-up Blocker
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the ’Tools” menu
- Click ’Internet options”, and then click on the ‘Privacy” tab
- Under ’Pop-up Blocker”, clear the ’Turn on Pop-up Blocker” check box, and then click ‘OK”
- In Internet Explorer, click on the ’Tools” menu
- Click on ‘Internet options”, and then click the ‘Privacy” tab
- Under ’Pop-up Blocker”, click the on ‘Settings” button