Internet Explorer 9: How to Change the Privacy Settings on Windows 7?
Are you using Internet Explorer 9 browser? Be careful, your Internet browser could be leaking details on your browsing behavior to Microsoft including the entire browsing history. However, if you simply tweak the privacy settings of the Internet Explorer 9 browser, then you can stop the browser from sending details on your browsing and enhance your online data protection. Several options and features of Internet Explorer 9 browser can reveal information and could pose threats to the privacy protection of your online browsing such as Suggested Sites, Search Suggestions, SmartScreen filter among others. You can also enable the Tracking Protection option to enable maximum protection.
Internet Explorer 9 browser features various options for users to enhance online protection; enable these features to block and avoid unwarranted threats while you are browsing. These include ActiveX Filtering, Domain highlighting, SmartScreen Filter, Cross site scripting (XSS) filter, 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection, Notifications, Tracking Protection, InPrivate Browsing and Privacy settings.
Follow these steps stated below to change the privacy settings of Internet Explorer 9 to enhance the privacy of web browsing.
- Click on the “Start” button
- In the search box, type: “Internet Explorer”, and then, in the list of results, click “Internet Explorer”
- Click on the “Tools” button, and then click “Internet options”
- Click the “Privacy” tab, and you can choose:
- Move the slider to set what types of cookies are blocked or allowed
- You can also change the various privacy settings by clicking on “Sites”, “Import” , “Advanced” or “Default”
- To block all websites from using Microsoft Location Services to find your computer's approximate location, select the “Never allow websites to request your physical location” check box
- To block all websites that you've already allowed to find your approximate location, click “Clear sites”
- To prevent unwanted pop-up windows from appearing, select the “Turn on Pop-up Blocker” check box
- To prevent toolbars from continuing to monitor your browsing activity after you turn on InPrivate Browsing, select the “Disable toolbars and extensions whenInPrivate Browsing starts” checkbox
- Click “OK”
Call toll free 1 877 720 7606