How to upgrade your browser to Internet Explorer 9
Internet Explorer, the Microsoft’s infamous browser, comes pre-installed with all Windows operating systems. Like all other web browsers, Internet Explorer also receives frequent upgrades for enhanced web-browser security and new features. It is utmost important that you must keep upgrading your browser to the latest versions. This ensures that your browser is having all the latest features that provide enhanced security and better performance. Internet Explorer 9 is the most recent browser by Microsoft that offers improved performance as well as enhanced protection from virus and malware. It delivers graphically rich experience that is as fast as native applications installed on your computer. You can upgrade your old Internet Explorer version to the latest Internet Explorer 9 in minutes and enjoy new features and enhancements. Let’s take a quick look at ways to upgrade your Internet Explorer browser:
- Connect to the Internet. Open the Internet Explorer web browser and navigate to the Internet Explorer 9 download page.
- Go to the drop-down menu and chose your home country under the “Select your country/region” option.
- Now under the “Select your operating system” option, click the link for the version of Windows installed on your computer. Click the download link that appears and then click “Save.”
- Once the download is finish, click the IE9 installation file. The content from the archive will store in the temporary folder. Now click "Install Windows Internet Explorer 9."
- An option will appear on your screen asking you if you would like to send anonymous information to Microsoft about your usage of Internet Explorer 9. This is needed to help improve the program. After clicking on the radio button, click "Next."
- "Microsoft Software Supplemental License Terms" window will appear. Thoroughly go through the content. If you abide by the terms, click "I accept" and then click "Next."
- The new version of Internet Explorer will be downloaded and installed on your computer. It will then remove the previous version of IE from your computer.
- Once this process is over, Internet Explorer 9 will be installed on your PC.
- Restart your PC by hitting the "Restart Now" button.
- After restart, you can launch Internet Explorer 9 from the "Start" menu or create a desktop shortcut for IE9.
Image credit: CNET