How to export and import bookmarks in Internet Explorer 8 in Windows XP
Have you recently upgraded to Internet Explorer 8? Well, you can certainly enjoy the benefits of this web browser including features like Tabbed browsing, list of suggested sites, accelerators, web slices, etc. However, if you have bookmarks created on the browser that you had previously used and you don’t yet have them here on Internet Explorer 8, you may find revisiting your favorite websites a difficult task. Don’t worry, you can easily export and import bookmarks in Internet Explorer 8 and continue accessing the web pages in just one click. If you are a Windows XP user, this is what you can do:
The easy solution is as:
1. Open Internet Explorer 8
2. Click on 'File' and select 'Import and Export' from the list that appears
3. Select 'Export to a file' radio button and click on 'Next'
4. Select the checkbox next to 'Favorites' and click on 'Next'
5. Click on 'Next' and browse the location where you want to export your favorites and then click on 'Export'
6. Click on 'Finish' to successfully export your favorites
7. Once again click on 'File' and select 'Import and Export' from the list that appears
8. Select 'Import from a file' radio button and click on 'Next'
9. Select the checkbox next to 'Favorites' and click on 'Next'
10. Click on 'Next' and browse the location where you want to import your favorites from and then click on 'Next'
11. Click on 'Import' and then click on 'Finish' to successfully import your favorites
Soon after you have clicked on the import button, all your bookmarks will start showing up in your Internet Explorer 8 browser. Store them here and continue enjoying your web browsing sessions.
To help you better recall the solution steps mentioned above, we have a solution video too. To watch it, click below: