How to reset your Internet browser settings
Are you experiencing slow browsing issues? Does your browser frequently freeze or crash? Do you receive frequent error messages while using your browser? If you experience any of these issues, then you must consider resetting your browser’s settings. Every browser comes with configuration settings option that allows users to manipulate or reset the browser’s settings. This feature helps you to customize the browser as per your web surfing habits and security requirements. When you reset your browser, all add-ins and customizations are deleted. Resetting your browser settings clears up all the previously installed settings and allows you to start your browser afresh, making it faster and more reliable. Let us look at the steps that will help you to reset your browser settings: Reset Internet Explorer 8 settings
- Shut down all the programs and applications running on your computer, including the web browser.
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu and click ‘Run.’
- Type “inetcpl.cpl” in the space provided and press ‘Enter.’
- ‘Internet properties’ window will open up. In the tabs provided, click the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Press the ‘Reset’ button given under the ‘Reset browser settings’ option.
- Click ‘Close’. Your browser has now been reset.
- Close all the programs and applications running on your Chrome browser.
- Open the ‘Start’ menu and click the ‘My Computer’ icon.
- Go to the installation folder of Google Chrome by opening the ‘C’ drive and then open user folder. You need to open this folder with your Windows user name.
- Hit the ‘Organize’ button and select ‘Folder and Search Options.’
- From Folder options tab, click ‘View’. Select ‘Show hidden files, folders and drives’ and click ‘OK.’
- Rename the ‘Default’ folder by adding ‘Backup’ to its name and press ‘Enter.’
- Re-launch Google Chrome.