What to look for in a Mobile Phone Antivirus?
We carry it in our pockets and in our handbags and can’t stop looking at it every few seconds. Any guesses what we are talking about here. Yes! I am talking about the ubiquitous mobile phone. It comes in different shapes and sizes but it offers the same functionality to each of its customers: numbers, data, files, videos, games, messages, photographs - almost everything you can carry, you can carry it in your phone.
But with the growth of smart phones and other mobile devices there is a considerable increase in threat from mobile viruses, trojan horses and worms. So we need a security net to protect our little world from virus attacks. With innumerous antivirus applications in the market, it is tough to pick the one best for us.
Here is a quick guide to what to look for when we buy an antivirus application:
1. Effectiveness: The antivirus software is only as good as its level of protective proficiency. Regardless of how the program looks or what additional functions it features, it should efficiently and effectively protect your phone.
2. Ease of Use: Good software must be simple to use, regardless of whether it is on a PC or a mobile device. With the limited resources and size of mobile phones, it is especially important that the security software be straightforward and easy to navigate.
3. Installation & Updates: Installing the antivirus on phones doesn’t have to be difficult. Whether you apply directly to your phone or sync to a PC, installation should be quick and easy.
4. Support: Help and technical support for your mobile security software should be provided in a variety of options including documentation, telephone, email and live online chat assistance.
5. Features: It is good to look through the features to make sure they are not unnecessary extras that burden you or slow down your phone memory.
So, next time you are out to protect your mobile phone, you surely know what to look out for.